Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pure Design

For me, "pure design" is uncluttered, bold and sophisticated. I love contemporary design. It's modern, yet warm and livable. There are a lot of great sources out there for great design. From them, I have found my own inspiration. Below are a few of my favorites that I thought that I'd share.

Kreiss has some really nice furniture with wonderfully clean, contemporary designs.

Andreas Charalambous of FORMA Design created some nice bedroom designs that I've had in my inspiration library. Like Kreiss, his palettes are neutral with large pieces, but he adds striking punches of bold color as accents.
These are just a few of my favorites that I've found. Notice how important lighting becomes in order to illuminate the design and add a beautiful glow to the room. Don't be afraid to go bold, but also realize the purity of Mies van der Rohe's euphemism when he said, "Less is more."

No comments: